Organic Green Yerba Mate
Mate is rich in caffeine and was used as a caffeine beverage in Latin America before the advent of coffee.
Mate leaves are processed somewhat like tealeaves. the tips of the branches are cut just before the leaves reach full growth and the leaves are steamed and dried. The dried leaves are sifted and allowed to age in order to enhance the flavor of the mate. The caffeine content of mate is comparable to that of mild Arabica coffee.
Caffeine Level: Medium
Antioxidant Level: Very High
Luxury Ingredients: Organic Green Mate*
*Organic Certified Organic by Pro-Cert Organic Systems (Organic Equivalency with COR, NOP, EU)
How to Steep:
- Put 1 slightly heaping teaspoon of loose tea into infuser
- Heat fresh water to 203* F
- Pour 8 fl. oz. of water over infuser
- Steep 4-8 minutes. (The longer you steep, the better the flavor due to the fruit and herb is extracted)
- Add lemon and mint, if desired
- You can re-steep this tea 3 times