Organic Ti Kuan Yin
Floral-like orchid notes with a smooth and haunting finish. This excellent Ti Kuan Yin has no calories when consumed without milk or sugar.
Like all Oolongs, Ti Kuan Yin is semi-fermented, meaning it falls roughly at the mid-way point between black and green teas in terms of color, flavor, and intensity. Unlike other Oolongs, the process of making "TKY" involves longer baking or drying process. As well, the raw leaf used to produce the tea is grown on a sub-varietal of Camellia sinensis. In China, "TKY" is drunk with meals to help foster a feeling of satisfaction without the need to gorge oneself on the pleasures of the table. The cup is full-bodied with deep almost winy notes that help fill the belly.
Luxury Ingredients: *Organic Oolong Tea (*Certified Organic by Pro-Cert Organic Systems Ltd. (Equivalency agreements NOP, COR, EU))
Allergens: Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Contains NO: Wheat, Nuts, Soy Lecithin, Crustacea, Sulfites
Caffeine Level: Medium
Antioxidant Level: High
HOW TO STEEP
- Put 1 slightly heaping teaspoon of loose tea into infuser
- Heat fresh water to 195* F
- Pour 8 fl. oz. of water over infuser
- Steep 3-5 minutes. (The longer you steep the stronger the taste)
- Milk and sugar are not recommended
- You can re-steep this tea 3 times