** 2 OZ MAKES 20-25 CUPS **
Light, golden yellow liquor with a unique, toasty rice flavor tending sweet. A tea that creates conversation.
Genmaicha is one of the world's most unique teas- just open the bag and you'll see why. This tea is usually made using Japanese Sencha or Bancha grade teas- ours is a streamed Sencha- and is blended with roasted rice kennels making the tea look as though it has been mixed with popcorn. The flavor of Genmaicha is light, with mild nutty overtones. The tea should be steeped at a slightly higher temperature than most green teas in order to bring out this wonderfully mild flavor.
Caffeine Level: Low
Antioxidant Level: High
Luxury Ingredients: *Organic Green Tea, *Organic Roasted + *Organic Popped Rice (*Certified Organic by Pro-Cert Organic Systems Ltd. (Equivalency agreements NOP, COR, EU))
How To Steep:
- Put 1 slightly heaping teaspoon of loose tea into infuser
- Heat fresh water to 180* F
- Pour 8 fl. oz. of water over infuser
- Steep 2-3 minutes. (The longer you steep the stronger the taste)
- Milk and sugar are not recommended
- You can re-steep this tea 3 times